[Stoves] solar cooker response (changing thread name)

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 04:36:29 CDT 2017

On 12 June 2017 at 21:46, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I suggest that "the sort of people we normally think would benefit from
> improved stoves" was all messed up thinking?

I don't think so, expand on your thoughts, I don't deal in macro economics.

> When you focus on the most difficult and least understood market segment
> because doing so a) makes you feel morally proud, and b) wins you grants, is
> it any surprise that you fail?

My statement may be seen as patronising but I don't see why you should
think I contribute for "moral gratification", I'm not in receipt of
grants nor seeking them. Where or what have I failed?

We've just delved into a different method of cooking and if, as you
say, it could become available for tens of millions currently using
biomass then it's valid. I don't use biomass for cooking though I do
heat my house with wood in winter.

Andrew