[Stoves] How to make smokeless coal?

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Sat May 27 05:12:15 CDT 2017

On 26 May 2017 at 12:51, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:

> Boy Scout Jamborees always include a big conclave around a central fire.
> It is top-lit to prevent (as much) smoke (as possible).

I'm not doubting your personal scouting experience, but I'm not finding
any evidence for its invariable use at scout jamborees, or in any other
scouting context.  All youtube videos of jamborees show conventionally
lit fires, although one is a possible contendor, what do you reckon?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFbkkpUyLsc

Neil Taylor