[Stoves] Energy in Puerto Rico : Puerto Rico Needs Our Help

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 12:35:40 CST 2017

Here an example of how a FEMA contract helped on the ground.

The Story of World Central Kitchen, the Nonprofit Serving Millions of Meals
to Puerto Rico
<https://www.eater.com/2017/11/10/16623204/world-central-kitchen-jose-andres-puerto-rico-haiti-houston>,
José
Andrés's nonprofit aims to change the world “through the eyes of a chef”
- Monica Burton  Nov 10, 2017

Not much detail, but I imagine LPG and diesel generators provided the
energy. There is a fraudulent reference to GACC as a "UN foundation", but
Chef Jose Andres surely knows more about cooking than TC-285 and WHO.

Eater.com stories are all about restaurants for the rich in rich cities,
mostly in rich countries, but that only underscores the main point I first
saw articulated in Anil Rajvanshi's proposal on "rural cafeterias" - the
rich get attention on cooking and delivering food and beverages to the
plates and cups, whereas the poor are trapped in stovers/WHO mythology of
efficiencies, climate change, and "heath benefits" of "clean cookstoves".

The tragedy of poverties - the poor get served rich theories and fantasies
of "international standards". I credit GACC for raising awareness about
cooking, but blame it for the diverting monies to useless research and
imperial dinners.

Nikhil