[Stoves] SilverFire / UCEED (University Center for excellence and developmental disabilities targeted families). Stoves to Puerto Rico

Todd Albi todd.r.albi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:58:45 CST 2017

*SilverFire *shipped our first pallet of donated Hunter TLUD Chimney stoves
to Puerto Rico last week in coordination with UCEED!  After contacting
numerous agencies and organizations with no response or apparent interest,
we have forged ahead with our own Go Fund Me campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/ship-stoves-to-puerto-rico-ucedd

We have given up on organizations like GACC and others claiming that they
are involved in ICS stove implementation.  Our most recent International
trip to Myanmar where GACC claimed active participation *is not actually
true*, *no GACC representative attended any of the stove demonstrations or
training*.  They appeared only at the political ceremonies, with micro
fiance organizations in tow, attempting to influence policy and
opportunities for micro fiancce.

We ran into the same issue sending humanitarian container to Marshall
Islands with GACC, although claiming to be active with ICS stove
implementation, it does not appear to be true in regard with our
organization.  Any transportation assistance from GACC our organization
requested for folks in need, much less assistance with stove funding, has
been rejected.  The same issues seem to be true with stove testing, while
many organizations have had stoves tested at no cost, other organizations
have been blocked from testing altogether.

Jim Jetter at EPA claimed stove testing requirements are by RPA via GACC
only acceptable process for stove testing, despite numerous direct
requests.   GACC claims otherwise.  The stove testing process by EPA, the
use of flawed Aprovecho WBT protocols, unreliable Aprovecho emissions
equipment, and GACC smoke, leaves our organization with the impression much
of the clean cook stove sector is significantly flawed.  Rahda again lied
to my face in Myanmar stating RFA's not required for stove testing, despite
numerous emails stating otherwise from EPA.
Jetter, James <Jetter.Jim at epa.gov>
4/29/13
to me

Todd,

It was good talking with you in Cambodia.

For the current round of testing, stoves were selected through an
application process with selection criteria.  For future rounds of testing,
we will use the same process – an announcement with a request for
applications (RFA) will go out to all Alliance partners, and stoves will be
selected based on the criteria and based on available resources.  I expect
it will be at least a year before the next RFA will go out, but I’ll let
you know if things change.

Regards,

Jim

Todd,

The last RFA was sent out to all PCIA partners (before integration with the
Alliance).

If you’re signed up as an Alliance partner, you will receive any and all
future RFAs.

Jim