[Stoves] Air pollution in cities

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:19:37 CST 2017

Neil:

Generally speaking, in urban areas of the developing world, land has higher
value for building purposes than for crop productivity. Biomass for heating
and boiler use, on the other hand, may have great potential for fuel cost
reduction as well as employment generation (along with land-scaping and
arborists and myriad skills).

I have long been impressed by the value chain in urban land management -
homes, parks, streetside - in northeast US. There are comparable
geographies around the world, but somehow employment is low-tech and
limited to garden/park management with very little value buildup and
exploitation. A few years ago, I discovered that Kabul in decades gone by
had a very strong garden culture. Same in certain parts of north India.

Nikhil

<snip>