[Stoves] Paradigm shifts

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 23 22:20:06 CST 2017

Crispin, Cecil, and all,

Cecil wrote:
> IMO this fight is likely to persist for a century. That was the
> conclusion of Kuhn in his historical assessment of the way science
> progresses. The big paradigm does not shift until the authorities
> literally die off and the younger generation pulls off a revolutionary
> paradigm shift (see Thomas Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific
> Revolutions. It takes time to kill off mistaken orthodoxies once they
> take root.

Is the differnce between the ICS stoves (solid biomass burning as solid
biomass) and the gasifier stoves (solid biomass converting to gases
before being burned) a paradigm shift?  If so, I hope the ICS folks will
change and not just die off.  But being part of the "younger generation"
does not give this old man (me) any comfort or extra years.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com