[Stoves] Stoves and credits again

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 14:58:46 CDT 2017

Crispin:

The political strategy is this - keep advocates of solid fuel stoves
arguing over definitions and protocols for efficiency. Hit them on the head
with "aspirational targets" for PM 2.5 emission rates to make solid fuel
stoves that are too expensive and to beg for subsidies on a competitive
basis.

And in the meantime, advocate more subsidies for LPG and put down solid
fuel advocates as a quaint incompetent group of nuisance makers who cannot
produce and market "truly health protective" biomass stoves.

Do I need a different pair of glasses or what? This is what Kirk Smith has
been saying for the last three years.

Conceptual errors stare in the eye for anybody who can see - in testing
protocols or metrics or proclaimed "health benefits". But if you can fool
enough people long enough, there is a pot of gold in easy reach.

You ask, "But how else to raise funds?"

Ask those who rode on false premises and made false promises, even false
reporting. But they raised money.

Nikhil

On Sep 30, 2017, at 8:50 PM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <