[Stoves] News: National Geographic on promotion of gas stoves over improved woodstoves - in Guatemala

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 21:53:28 CDT 2017

Ron:

I submit there is no such things as "international standards" until
incorporated in national regulations, if any enforcement is intended. The
real thankless work will come after ISO issues standards in persuading that
these be adopted in national regulations, especially when they won't be
incorporated in US regulations.

There are many countries where appliance and equipment standards of
manufacturing countries are adopted by some blanket agreement or if the
government itself buys under external finance from countries or
multi-lateral institutions (e.g. power plant or mining/manufacturing
equipment.)

I agree with you that the concept of Tiers is awful. Consensus or not.

Nikhil