[Stoves] Biochar in New Mexico (Re: Gordon)

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:17:12 CDT 2017

Gordon:

Thank you so much for answering your own questions.

This is perhaps only the second time I have learned of an "improved
cookstoves for poor households" in the US. (I am assuming it is on this
side of the coming wall, but doesn't matter.)

That biomass is a shift from propane - or a partial substitute for it - is
also an unusual example for this forum. While I have seen such substitution
in high-income suburban or rural households for heating, I doubt too many
people live in areas that get very cold (< 20F, say) for long periods.

So, the idea of "biochar centric economy" is very promising if the people
who run it have the sufficient technical and management skills.

Good luck. This is another example of dealing with biomass wastes from
farms, parks, cities, and forests. Feedstock quality and cost rather than
stove type and price may be the determining factors.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*