[Stoves] Dehydrator

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:38:41 CDT 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 11:11, Cookswell Jikos <cookswelljikos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It says '' It also has a catalytic converter which prevents harmful gases
> from being released during the drying process.''
>

> How would this work?

Teddy that's rather had to tell from the article.

It might just be that the Volatile Organic Compounds being given off by the
crop being dried at an elevated temperature  are somehow passed through a
catalytic device.

It seems more likely that these are vented from the dryer and then sucked
into the air supply for the flame and burned to reduce odour.

I cannot see a conventional thermal oxidiser or catalyst working at these
relatively low temperatures.

Andrew