[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 95, Issue 26 top lit updraft burning

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 11:15:41 CDT 2018

Hi Norbert,
You have probably already considered a (non verbal) retort placed in the
firebox as one portion of a fuel pile. It would give a hydrogen boost to
the wood flame.

Do the emissions from your heaters  measurably increase when burning a fuel
pile that is half of a normal full load? The biggest problem in solid fuel
combustion seems to be load matching and all the cascading issues it
creates.

Alex