[Stoves] Uganda Turns to Local Volcanic Rocks As Substitute for Charcoal

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 13 12:12:33 CDT 2018

Stovers,

This stove (according to website info) has a fan (and a solar panel and
a battery).   The volcanic rock is likely to be pumice (very porous).

The users still put in charcoal or wood (or coal, as Crispin will
test),   They do not get energy from the volcanic rock, but the rock
could be holding valuable heat for more efficient transmission to the pot.

Very interesting.    Could such rock be put to use in TLUD stoves?
Who has access to such a stove and can give us firsthand info?

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com