[Stoves] ESPs for stove solidfuel PM2.5?

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:54:25 CST 2018

Crispin, others:

Have there been proposals to use air purifiers and smoke masks with solid
fuel cookstoves?

Emissions can be captured, filtered, vented; I wonder if commercial and
industrial cookstoves have used not just chimneys but also filters and
collectors for fuel and food air pollutants. (I remember Necco
confectionary mills' sweet emissions up the street from MIT, and fishy,
oily emissions near the Boston wharf. The Global Burden of Disease from
food air pollutants must be quite significant, no?)

After all, food emissions are likely to be as diverse and as toxic (for
PM2.5, equitoxic by assumption) as solid fuel emissions.

Something for Berkeley Earth and Berkeley Heavens to do, or do we have
answers?

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831