[Stoves] Personal Particulate Monitor

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:06:08 CDT 2018

Andrew:

Re: " If this is the case it seems to open up a  possibility:"

Yes, and with some degree of automation, it may be possible to take a
stove, fuel, building, cooking, cook, in their entirety for a few days
every season for a given region and model some approximation between hourly
emission rates, concentrations and exposures.

A vast improvement that would bury the EPA/BAMG indoor air circulation
modeling.

Should have been buried 20 years ago but for the WBT mania. Even now, WHO
and ISO need to get away from the lie that emission rates in labs can be
modeled into "cleanliness" of cookstoves.

It is not the stove but the air that needs to be cleaner or clean enough.
You are imagining the right hardware; it will take some time to reprogram
the software (brainware).

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831