[Stoves] Very Cheap and Easy Blue Flame TLUD (Prototype Test 1)

Aaron Wingle wingleaaron at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:08:05 CST 2019

Hello Stovers!

This is my latest stove which is much simpler and cheaper ($25 plus free 5
gallon metal bucket) to make than my previous versions and it also uses non
pre heated tertiary air.  It’s so easy to re light without having to stick
a lighter into the combustion chamber. The most interesting part was the
Extremely steady flame during start up.

Start up Video -https://youtu.be/9J3CInnifAk

In the video I’ve given as much information as I could.

Stove Operation after 1 hour - https://youtu.be/z1VmlJIaA34

Just after the video the stove went out because of an over fire situation
caused by poor design of the fuel chamber.  The fuel burned down my 3” pipe
and straight to the bottom.  When I removed the cover almost no pellets
burned on top of the fuel bed outside of the 3” pipe which extended about 6
inches into the pellet fuel. This means the stove barely had any preheated
air.  I’ll update tomorrow after I attempt some quick fixes and fresh
ideas.