[Stoves] SUBSIDY for new CO2e emissions tops US$150 per ton

Kirk H. gkharris316 at comcast.net
Mon May 27 03:58:05 CDT 2019

Nikhil,

My remarks were directed toward what appeared to me to be a promotion of fossil fuels on a biomass stoves list, which to me is not appropriate.  I intended no lecture on economics.  Why do you promote fossil fuels on a biomass stoves list?

I will need to consider further Dr. Anderson’s contribution before forming an opinion on it.

Getting back to stoves, my latest is that I have been doing experiments on a novel technique for adding dwell time for the flame in a TLUD-ND stove.  The technique uses stationary air foil wing shapes in the combustor (after the stationary fan that spins the flame), and directs the spinning flame slightly outward and downward.  This forms a ring of flame below the wing shapes, and only about half of the flame gets above the wings.  Soot on the cooking vessel is very light.  This technique is probably not useable in a commercial stove because the wings get red hot and so will have a short life span, but perhaps the concept will find some use at some point.  If anyone on the list is interested I will start a new thread and post some pictures.

Kirk H.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10