[Stoves] Remarkable stove

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 07:44:53 CDT 2021

Hi Crispin;

I too have made burners with a flat flame needing a lower riser.

However, we still use concentrator ring burners, because it is easy for
people to make from readily available sheet metal or clay-coated concrete.
Simplicity won the day.

One way to get more space may be to design a removable grate at the bottom
of the firebox, and have the TLUD drop into the ash pit.

Do you have a link to a photo of Riaz Ahmad's gauze burner. Several of us
have tried that for natural draft TLUDs without success. Even porous
ceramic burners have been tried. Anything we put in the path of the flame
increased emissions of black smoke soot, or only worked over a narrow range
of gasification rate.

Cheers,
Julien

--