[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: [Biochar] Charcoal producing electrical power plant

Harris, Kirk gkharris316 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 13:44:10 CDT 2021

All,

Some very constructive comments so far.  I am very fortunate. Thank you!

Ron, very constructive indeed, thank you.  I would like to see the work
by Alex English.  He has impressed me in the past.  You give some valid
warnings and options.

Paul, some good insights and cautions.  Both you and Ron suggest
reaching out to professionals in the field, which is an excellent
thought.  Advice from experts in vibrating tables would be included.

Frank, thank you for the information and a differing point of view.  I
looked at the diagrams you sent.  It appears to me that the involved
company, Syncraft, views the charcoal as a fuel (as is the case with
most biomass to electricity designs) and mostly burns it.  The saved
charcoal appears to be what the system failed to burn.  What I am
looking for is a system where electricity and charcoal are held as equal
value products.  The Syncraft system goes through a complex system of
filtering and cooling, so the heat energy does not go into the
electricity, only some of the chemical energy.  The burner I presented
is very efficient for burning wood gas, and produces very little in the
way of particulates.  The heat of pyrolysis and wood gas combustion go
straight into the steam, and modern steam turbines are very efficient.
The Syncraft system is a legitimate system for what it is, but it is a
different concept then what I was looking for.  I don't consider my
efforts to be solely American, but rather to put forward something that
can help mitigate climate change and wild fires world wide, and to
replace some amount of fossil fuels.

Frans, language differences makes it difficult for me to understand what
you have written.  It is true that the fact that a biomass system will
return CO2 to the atmosphere makes biomass systems more difficult to
promote.  Your statement that  that half the carbon in the fuel is saved
for sequestration doesn't seem to make a difference to some.