[Stoves] Briquette stove in cob

Rok Oblak rok.stoves at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:17:59 CDT 2022

Dear stovers,

it's been a long time since I've written in the list, but we recently
organized a Building with Earth workshop and one detail in the cob table
was an integrated cooking stove - a ceramic liner, using biomass
briquettes, same type as from Richard Stanley.

It showed up as a great update to the holey Roket stove
https://briquettestoves.com/ as durability is a big issue as ceramic liners
tend to crack and break pretty easily due to temperature shocks, but the
cob here is making it last for a long time.

I have mixed local found clay and a lot of fine sawdust in the liner and it
doesn't make any smoke, only when you push in a new briquette, there is
black fumes for a few seconds, until a new one ignites.

If you happen to know any projects this principle would be good to
integrate, even for other types of wood, I would be happy to share my
experiences and possibly collaborate on redesigning existing stoves with
this alternative solution.

Happy and healthy cooking!
Rok

--