[Stoves] Briquette stove in cob

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Jun 27 12:21:28 CDT 2022

Dear Rok

Great to hear from you.  I really like that fact that the cob stove is sitting on a wooder table!  That is so cool.

I am wondering if there is a briquetting machine making hollow high density briquettes that would burn fast enough to give you decent heat.  I have seen such "logs" made from peanut shells. But they were too small to accomplish the task.  It seems that he shape is right but the size is too small.

I have some 90mm (or 100) diameter sawdust logs bough at vast expense from a hardware store.  But sadly, no central hole.

What did you think of Kevin's square hole in the ground kinda-TLUD?  I am thinking of trying a round one, with a pipe to provide controllable under-air.  If it had a metal ring on top to restrict the outlet diameter, and air underneath, it would have some measure of cooking control for a very low price.  A cob version would be a breeze to make.

Best regards
Crispin