[Stoves] Carbonizing coffee husks etc., 3 designs

dr.adam scda2 at ymail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:59:06 CDT 2022

Dear Stovers,for CARiTAS-SWiSS / Ethiopia i was developing some units to carbonize coffee husks. The char will be briquetted. (ECOCOFFEE CHARCOAL )
I designed 3 different low-cost units.2 of them we already built, and they work well.If anybody is interested in them- contact me.
I assume they will work with rice husks, etc. too.CheersChris ADAM
They are all built on the base of oil drums and built with locally available materials
They all work kind of smokeless and with clear and clean combustion of the off-gas.

* Open-PitDrum Carbonizer,  it works on the down-draft system and needs continuous attention, about 1/2 oil drum of char can be produced per one hour. (see photo)

* Drum-RetortCarbonizer, it works as a batch system. Carbonization in about 3 hours.

*  RotatingDrum Carbonizer it works on the base of an exchangeable closed oil drums (retort system). The drum is turning by hand or by a motor. Drawings available, not yet built.

Coffee char made by the  Open-PitDrum Carbonizer within about one hour,  ( 1/2 oil drum)

"Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." -Mohammed-
'No man or thing can
stand in the way
of an idea whose
time has come' -V.Hugo-
"Fotos sind wie Museen das Gedächtnis der Menschheit" -Gert Chesi-

adam + partner
Appropriate Technologist + Industrial Designer

Box 10 10 17, Addis Abeba,
E T H I O P I A

Mob:  +251- (0) 94 550 1215
(Mob: +49-(0)175-528 96 24, German Telekom does not always work in Ethiopia!)

www.biocoal.org
scda2 at ymail.com