[Gasification] No time for beer in Munich- there's a real live imbert gasifier here

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Sun Oct 31 14:04:28 CDT 2010

arnt, here's page i found online about the imbert ford truck in the
deutsches museum.  this is from an enthusiasts group of vehicles produced at
the ford cologne factory- pre, during and post wwII.  ford has a very large
history in germany.  they were 50% of the truck market in the late 30s.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.fomcc.de/v8_51.htm&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg8BFWubmlOoQaSugS1IG1qXeB6iA

this page has a picture of the truck, showing the paint burned off the
bottom of the holzvergaser, and good info on the german ford truck
production history.

there is also a interesting page on imbert's life story on the same site.
it fills in a bit on why he was in germany, and how he got into gasification
in general.  see here:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.fomcc.de/imbert.htm&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiA-DwTfSVuXeggDJoPxGpPSQy61A