[Gasification] Which engine design might be BEST for woodgas?

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 18:49:14 CDT 2011

Greetings Pete, and list.

Large piston, long stroke (slow RPM),  many cylinder (8+), high
compression engines, are the best Candidates

 A 16 cylinder 1000 CID 15 to 1 Compression, 5" + stroke would be ideal.

Caterpillar makes a Really Nice 3412. remove the injectors, double the
headgaskets,  re-lash the valves for the higher head height, install
SI unit in place of the injector pump... would be fantastic !!!!

anyone got a cool 40 grand kicking around for the engine ??

Greg Manning