[Gasification] Range Fuels Closing Plant

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Mon Jan 24 18:55:21 CST 2011

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:40:08 +0100, Thomas wrote in message
> <9346E1844DED164EB6371F0BF87FBCF74DCDA6 at EXCHSERVER.tke.local>:
>
> > Tom
> >
> > Range fuel gasification technology was an externally heated
> > pressuries pipe with a transport screew inside when I saw it.
> > It was very similar to the pyrolysis unit on the wiking gasifier but
> > they had ideas to upscale it to 4 tons pr hour by stacking pipes with
> > screew conveyers. Thinking of the challenges of making the 1 tons pr
> > hour screew pyrolyser in Haslev i have doubts this principle will
> > ever be competitive for energy production - even for atmospherich
> > applications. Thomas Koch

thomas, why did you think a stacked array of skinny auger retorts won't
work?   this seems a known solution that tends to work as far as i know.  of
course the proof is in the material handling with specific fuels.

did you find it difficult to keep the auger straight and working?  difficult
to keep the heat out of the motor and bearings at the ends?

any secret cautionary tales we should know of?

jim