[Gasification] Charcoal Gasifiers

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:40:19 CDT 2011

Dear Robert,
our charring kilns are made of 200 litre steel barrels, which are
purchased from the scrap market. The trainees who come to us for
training are encouraged to take photographs and measurements of the
kilns, so that they can copy them. The kilns are provided with a long
chimney for providing draft. There is also provision to provide
secondary air to the flue gas as it passes through the chimney, so
that all the tar and smoke in the fule gas is burned within the
chimney itself. It is possible to recover and use the waste heat in a
stationary system, but in a portable system it is not possible. For
those who cannot personally come to our training centre, we also have
a video CD which shows how to use this kiln for making charcoal from
dry leaves and how to briquette the same. Just looking at the
photographs in the video, anybody would be able to copy the kiln. The
basic principle used in the kiln is very simple, and one can make
kilns of any size, using this principle. The CD costs US$40, which
includes the postage/courier charges.  If you want it, please contact
me personally and I shall give you details of our bank account to
facilitate the money transfer.
Yours
A.D.Karve