[Gasification] 18 pilot and demonstration DOE bioenergy projects, reviewed : Biofuels Digest

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Mon May 18 10:28:36 CDT 2015

http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2015/05/17/18-pilot-and-demonstration-
doe-bioenergy-projects-reviewed/

18 pilot and demonstration DOE bioenergy projects, reviewed
<http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2015/05/17/18-pilot-and-demonstration
-doe-bioenergy-projects-reviewed/>

What's the latest with such projects such as Frontline BioEnergy, Myriant,
POET-DSM, INEOS Bio, Sapphire Energy, Abengoa, Haldor Topsoe, UOP. ZeaChem,
Mercurius, and American Process, among others?

In Washington this June 25th, the Department of Energy will publish its
annual 2015 Project Peer Review final report, at its annual Program
Management Review, which immediately follows the BETO annual conference,
themed Bioenergy 2015: Opportunities in a Changing Energy Landscape (which
is June 23-24).

This year's review features 190 projects across seven key technology areas,
representing a combined value of approximately $403 million from Fiscal
Years 2013-2014.

As BETO Director Jonathan Male notes, "The Project Peer Review is an
invaluable opportunity for external experts to rigorously evaluate the
relevance, context, technical approach, progress, results, and overall merit
of all the projects supported by our Office. We also rely on the peer review
process to provide an overall assessment of our management of each
technology area and the overall strategic direction and future outlook for
BETO."

But why wait for the review? You can access a complete treasure trove
<http://www.energy.gov/eere/bioenergy/2015-project-peer-review> of 185
presentations on the latest in bioenergy technology, right now, and assess
for yourself the state of projects in the BETO portfolio.

In today's Digest, we've focused on on the "DEMONSTRATION AND MARKET
TRANSFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AREA ", some of the most complex, best-known, and
most transfiormative bioenergy technology projects ever attempted.