[Digestion] Cross Language Linking (was RE: Biogas Groups)

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 17:14:43 CST 2010

G'day All,

I think we need a new thread so I can easily see anyone who responds to my
original post, which has certainly set off some discussion here.

There is a translation of "The Beginners Guide to Biogas" on the biogas wiki
that I had a multilingual person look at and he thought the quality was good
(except for one more technical area that I can't remember just now).

I guess one approach is for individuals to use website translators to look
at the archives to get an idea of what is going on, so that it then becomes
their task/responsibility to chase up bits that don't translate (hopefully
interesting bits, and possibly translation problems, would be transferred
across). This raises the question about differences between translation
tools? I, like David, am monolingual so my test would be to start with
something in English, translate to Spanish (or whatever) then translate back
again to see how it compared to the original using the various translation
options (I guess I can try it on "The Beginners Guide" above!).

Happy digesting,

HOOROO

Mr. Paul Harris, Room S116b, Waite Main Building Faculty of Sciences, The
University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond SA 5064 Ph    : +61
8 8303 7880      Fax   : +61 8 8303 4386
<mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au> mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
<http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris>
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.