[Gasification] Tennessee company - pyrolysis biochar + hydrogen ($1.75 pe...

Viswanathan KS viswanathanks at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:26:07 CDT 2014

Two coal based ammonia plants of 600 MTPD ammonia capacity were
commissioned in Talcher and Ramagundam in India about 40 years or so ago.
Coal gasification was based on Koppers- Totzek powdered coal gasification
process using oxygen and was beset with mechanical break downs frequently
due to high ash coal. Plants were subsequently shut down. Since these
plants were built by Govt company a lot of tax payer's money went down the
drain.

I understand a similar plant was successfully run in South Africa. May be
the coal quality was better.