[Stoves] New US Patent law change

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Sep 10 19:10:58 CDT 2011

Dear Roger
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fireside Hearth
  To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
  Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 6:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [Stoves] New US Patent law change

  Hi D.D.

         I would say then that we are in agreement that  patenting my stove is a good thing?

  # Only you can answer that question....
  # You could start by asking yourself:
  1: If I do patent my stove, how much will it cost to patent it, and how much will I earn from it in teh next 17 years?
  2: I I DO NOT patent my stove, how much will I earn from it over the next 17 years?
  3: If I did patent the stove, and some big company in a different Cpountry decided to steal the ideas I patented and make stoves, do I have the money to take them to Court?

  Best wishes,

  Kevin

             As far as giving away stuff.......right on! I have spent a good a good bit of time also trying to give good ideas to people all around the globe and asking nothing in return. Many times the return I get is to hear that my information was adopted successfully  helped people and places I will never even get to meet. It just sounded from following that particular thread that this practice is only self serving, I view this practice as a way to ensure that I will be able to help others.