[Stoves] interesting link

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Jun 23 20:58:14 CDT 2012

Dear Ron L.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Larson" <rongretlarson at comcast.net>
To: "Discussion of biomass cooking stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Cc: "Discussion of biomass cooking stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Stoves] interesting link

> Ronald and list:
>
>    I have glanced through this cite - and wonder what relationship it has to stoves?

# The IPCC has about 600 Climate Scientists, and the Consensus Science from them is that "Yes, Folks, Global Warming is Anthropogenic."  Ron H's Link shows that there are 1,000 independant Climate Scientists whose consensus is that Global Warming is not anthropogenic. Basically, they say "The IPCC Emperor has no clothes."

# I would suggest that as a "Believer", you have sort of painted yourself into a corner, and that it appears the tide has turned, in favour of the skeptics and dis-believers, who have based their position on real science, and not "Opinion Science."

# It appalls me that you cannot see the potential impact that Ron H's URL has on the direction you and others want to drive "Stove Development" and "Biochar Development". You, and others, want to drive Stove and Biochar in a direction that depends on carbon credits. You have been told that such motivation is very risky, in that carbon credits were unlikely to come about. By promoting the development and justification of Stoves and Biochar for carbon credits, such justification is absent if carbon credits are not present. Stove and Biochar should rise or fall based on their fundamental merits, not on the chimerical hope that carbon Credits will justify them.

# Carbon Credits are dead. Most people with an open mind can see this. The outcome of the Durban Conference was basically "We, the Governments of the World support CO2 reduction. We will take further action sometime after 2020, but we will not committ to the action we will take, or when we will take it."

# Except possibly for Germany and China, most of the Governments of the World are in bad, to very bad, to "basket case" financial shape, with large to huge debt loads. They cannot afford to committ huge quantities of money to resolving an uncertain problem with an uncertain outcome, at an uncertain time in the future, when the World Economy is tottering on collapse. The Governments of the World will need whatever money they can scrape up NOW, to deal with immediate, real,  and certain problems.

# Can you now see the relevance of Ron H's URL to Stove and Biochar development?

Kevin Chisholm