[Stoves] Trials on TLUD gas burners + central cylinder

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Mon May 5 21:27:28 CDT 2014

Hi Stovers;

At the suggestion of Paul Anderson, I ran single tests on the burner with
the concentrator below secondary air holes (ConcBelow), and
the discontinuous annular (Rectangular) burner.  In these tests I put a 2.5
cm diameter cylinder in the center of the burners to direct flamelets
upwards in the chimney.

A pdf is attached.  Photographic conditions were not ideal (nor was my old
camera), but good enough to see how the flamelets were affected.

I can't say if the central cylinder was an improvement, because my soot
test was not that sensitive.  However, the central cylinder didn't appear
to increase soot production compared to having no cylinder, nor did it slow
down the rate of gasification.

Future, more detailed experimentation could include a central cylinder to
see if it reduces the mass of soot produces, and increases the rate of heat
transfer to the pot.

Cheers,
Julien.

--