[Stoves] Baking method ... was Re: Dushanbe Stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Dec 5 22:37:06 CST 2015

Dear Paul

All the ones I saw near Dushanbe were like this:

I asked her how it was built. She said she "bought it" at the market and
installed it at home, which means she plastered it into the shape you see. I
suspect the interior is what should bought - as a fired clay product.

The outside appears to be clay and dung or clay and chopped biomass of some
kind.

There is a chimney hole at the back (see soot) which is not obvious when
looking at it. There is a flat plate to cover the fire when it has burned
down. It is not removed, making it a black oven, by type.

There is a round metal cover that is loose fitting which is propped against
the round hole when in use. I found a 'bread' sticking it to the roof which
they forgot. The dough is pressed against the surface, even the inside top,
using a stick that looks rather like a Cree canoe paddle.

I was not able to see one running so I don't know the temperature of the
surface when it is in use.

Crispin and all,