[Stoves] Fw: Reminder ! MCA-M, EEP, Impact Evaluation Presentation/ ММСС-ын Цэвэр Агаар Төслийн Үнэлгээний тайлан

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Jan 26 06:55:14 CST 2015

Dear Friends of Ulaanbaatar

The results of the Millennium Challenge Corporation / Millennium Challenge Account Mongolia work will be announced on Wednesday.

Together the WB, UB City, MCA, producers, importers, universities and a host of helpers have reduced the PM 2.5 level in Ulaanbaatar by about 50% in 3 years by replacing 170,000 domestic stoves, largely with TLUD's, marking the first time in history a major city has cleaned up its air without changing the fuel.

The fuel is largely raw, wet lignite artisanally mined at Nalaikh, near the city. ‎It comes in pieces up to 50 kg or more but is normally sold in bags of 10-25 kg.

Users report genuine fuel savings and obviously lower emissions. The SEET Lab has been expanded to be able to test water heating low pressure boilers (LPB) which is the next target. There are over 22,000 in the city.

Another 15,000 ger stoves be supported by the current programme bringing the total to 185,000.

Regards
Crispin just back from the front

Сайн байна уу!

Энэхүү имейлийг хурлын арга хэмжээг сануулахаар явуулж байна. Нэмэлт мэдээлэл бүхий урилгыг хавсралтаас үзнэ үү!

Баярлалаа.

Т.Оргилболд (Social Impact, 99907032)

Hello,

This is just to REMIND you the presentation. Please find an updated event invitation from the attachment!

Thank you,

Orgilbold.t (Social Impact, 99907032)

​