[Stoves] Testing to determine source of CO

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Sun Sep 20 18:41:54 CDT 2015

Alex,

True that could happen with too much primary air but is that what we
want to happen?  We want heat to 'crack?' the complex structures to
smaller more easily oxidized ones but we do not want them to go all the
way to CO2 and water releasing its heat before it reaches the frying
pan. So the goal as I understand it is to use the heat from the solid-C
 > CO and only as much heat from the CO > CO2 to be able to crack the
hydrocarbons into  easily oxidizable structures and the rest of the CO
aiding the secondary.

I think added oxygen from primaryy will first change the easily CO > CO2
and only after this has been completed will the cracked hydrocarbons be
oxidized. But its only a guess until its tested.

Regards

Frank

Frank Shields
franke at cruzio.com