[Stoves] Fwd: re ELFD Sampada

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 26 12:29:36 CDT 2016

A.D., Priya, and all Stovers.

Yes, a very nice stove with some innovations evident.   About the
discussion, here are a few comments:

1.  Certainly SOME water is entering the stove (between the two walls),
and there seems to be no way out except upward with either the primary
air or secondary air.   The real question is how much water.   Priya,
please tell us how much water enters either per usage (and how many
minutes that is) or how much water per minute leaves the water jug (by
weight).  And if we know the MC (moisture content) of the fuel and how
much fuel, we can know approximately how much water is in the fuel.   It
will be very interesting to see the comparision of the amounts of
entering steam-water versus the water content of the fuel.

2.  Just for clarification:   From prior communications with the Karves,
the natural draft (ND) Sampada stove is a semi-gasifier or other
variation of gasifier, and it is not normally operated as a strict TLUD
with a MPF (migratory pyrolytic front).   The Karves do not claim that
the Sampada stove is operated like a TLUD stove, both by bottom ignition
and by adding additional fuel through an opening at the top.   This
applies to the FA (forced air) Sampada stove also.   In the video the
ignition is clearly by inserting vertically two long pieces of
ignition-fuel that have been immersed in the starter liquid.   Upon
ignition, the flame front will quickly descend to the bottom of the
ignition-fuel, and fire will be at the bottom because that is where the
primary air is entering.

Congratulations on demonstrating a way to have forced air into stoves
without the need of electricity!!!!

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com