[Stoves] CO2 drawdown (Re:Jock)

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Sun Feb 5 13:48:39 CST 2017

Dear Cecil and all,

Cecil writes:

> My advice to myself and others is to think and act locally to discover a stove that will be a viable and respected friend of the poorest households at the BoP‎. I advise us to smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional stove boidies, cultures of stove operation, cooking and fuels that dominate the local stove economy. So let's smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional biomass energy economy. Evolve the new stove in situ inside the shell of the old stove/fuel/operator/fabricator economy.
>
> That is all I have to say on how to innoivate break throughs in situ.
>
> In search and service,
>
> Cecil

I think Cecil is right-on. If I may take it apart and elaborate:

> My advice to myself and others is to think and act locally to discover a stove that will be a viable and respected friend of the poorest households at the BoP‎.
Yes - locally because every location situation is unique regarding fuels, economy and tasks to be completed.

>  advise us to smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional stove boidies,

This involves out-of-site and out-of-mind (lab rats) laboratory work isolated from outside influence (except where the stove designer is presenting a stove (and fuel) for testing completion of a task) before presenting it into the ‘traditional bodies’. This testing is to more favor the acceptance of this new device.

> cultures of stove operation, cooking and fuels that dominate the local stove economy. So let’s smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional biomass energy economy.

This is where the money needs to go. Have stoves (original and new) that are optimized into the intended market -before- intrusion into the culture takes place. Laboratories need the equipment and experience and creativeness to work on this. The biomass fuel needs to be characterized and their stove limits determined. And the availability on site with least manipulation required to make it useful. Fuel manipulation equipment may be a big part of the program.

> Evolve the new stove in situ inside the shell of the old stove/fuel/operator/fabricator economy.

Great!   But we need to be prepared and not just go in with new failures.

Best advice I have read so far IMO.

Regards

Frank

> On Feb 5, 2017, at 10:43 AM, cec1863 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> My advice to myself and others is to think and act locally to discover a stove that will be a viable and respected friend of the poorest households at the BoP‎. I advise us to smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional stove boidies, cultures of stove operation, cooking and fuels that dominate the local stove economy. So let's smuggle radical new stove technologies into the traditional biomass energy economy. Evolve the new stove in situ inside the shell of the old stove/fuel/operator/fabricator economy.
>
> That is all I have to say on how to innoivate break throughs in situ.
>
> In search and service,
>
> Cecil

Thanks

Frank