[Stoves] Declaration about Woodgas

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 05:51:20 CDT 2017

Dear Paul,
 I assume that you meant to use the TLUD technology when you mentioned
using wood gas as cooking fuel. If you are thinking of producing the wood
gas in one place and burning it in a stove kept some distance away, I must
agree with Anil that it would be dangerous to use it in a closely confined
and ill ventilated place.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM, nari phaltan <nariphaltan at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Anil
>

> Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
> Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
> P.O.Box 44
> Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
> Ph:+91-9168937964
> e-mail:nariphaltan at gmail.com
>            nariphaltan at nariphaltan.org
>
> http://www.nariphaltan.org
>
> http://nariphaltan.org/about-2/awards/  Awards for NARI staff
> http://nariphaltan.org/nari-in-press/  NARI in press
>

> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Paul Anderson <psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Crispin,
>> Thanks for the good comments.
>>
>> Many details will be eventually ironed out.  Much will depend on the
>> response from the many many participants.   You wrote:
>>
>>> This is Big Gas against Big Oil. Perhaps you need to create Big Wood and
>>> straighten both of them out.
>>>
>> Is there really much clash between Big Gas and Big Oil?   Wood is already
>> BIG, but not big in the organized way and it is being burned poorly.
>> Maybe it should become Big Biomass (more encompassing) IN RELATION TO
>> HOUSEHOLD ENERGY.    The pellet-fuel companies would be part.
>>
>> The strength (and weakness) of Big Biomass (as fuel) is that it is so
>> dispersed and is found almost everywhere.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Doc  /  Dr TLUD  /  Prof. Paul S. Anderson, PhD
>> Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
>> Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
>> Website:  www.drtlud.com
>>
>> On 10/20/2017 9:51 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Paul
>>>
>>> I appreciate that you are on the right track.
>>>
>>> I know it is not absolute in the same manner, but could you say,
>>> "Woodgas can be a clean fuel too"?
>>>
>>> I am concerned that you correct say in the beginning that no fuel is
>>> clean on its own, an opinion shared widely, because it depends on how you
>>> burn it.
>>>
>>> Then it says further down that woodgas is a clean fuel, without the
>>> qualification contained in the earlier statement.
>>>
>>> Would you be better off saying something that undermines the incorrect
>>> notion that 'there are clean fuels and dirty fuels' and reinforces what is
>>> true: that ways and means exist to burn fuels cleanly and they should be
>>> used.
>>>
>>> I am not all that happy with "Woodgas can be a clean fuel too" because
>>> without context it is basically bandwagonning behind a dead horse. Like the
>>> WBT low power metrics, it has to be dragged off to the glue factory.
>>>
>>> No fuel is inherently clean by all definitions. Not even woodgas. How
>>> far can you take on the problem of the misrepresentation of scientific
>>> truth, while still pointing out that woodgas can be created and burned very
>>> cleanly, by any definition?
>>>
>>> I guarantee that those intending to profit from the misrepresentation
>>> will not help you. This is Big Gas against Big Oil. Perhaps you need to
>>> create Big Wood and straighten both of them out.

>>> https://woodgas.com/declaration/ where any revisions will be
>>> available.    Therefore, there is still time for your comments to be
>>> considered.   This is now available several days before the start of the