[Stoves] WBT disagrements

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 06:02:57 CST 2018

On 16 January 2018 at 00:52, Xavier Brandao <xav.brandao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Andrew,
>

> *"I read it to the first significant typo and wondered who had proof*
>
> *read it amongst the peers before I skimmed the rest."*
>
> What do you mean by that?

It is a long and arcane document, it is not something I have been involved
in so it is a difficult read for me. I'm not even sure what the "global"
tests are required for as I subscribe to Nikhil's view that thermal
efficiency may not be preferred by a cook over other desirable attributes
of a stove. I do think there is a need for comparable testing in order to
quantify improvements and that this should emulate a typical cooking task.

> Are you talking about the paper "Systematic and conceptual errors in
> standards and protocols for
>
> thermal performance of biomass stoves"?
>

> I have read it, and didn't find typos. But I’m not a native English
> speaker.

I salute you, one of my regrets is in never mastering another language

> What was the typo? Did you only skim read the paper? What did you think of
> it?

I highlighted it at the time but for some reason it did not save, I'll read
through again when I have time and revert.

As to what I though of it, it needed a summary for a lay person, I felt it
was aimed at the upper echelons of those involved with funding to accept a
better method rather than being relevant to my tinkering.

Andrew