[Gasification] [biochar] Re: Chunking wood for small scale biochar production, fotos !

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed Jan 8 15:33:33 CST 2014

Dear Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Anderson
  To: biochar at yahoogroups.com ; Discussion of biomass pyrolysis and gasification ; Discussion of biomass cooking stoves ; Bob Fairchild
  Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 3:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [biochar] Re: [Gasification] Chunking wood for small scale biochar production, fotos !

  Kevin,

  I want to know about any and all reasonable devices that work.   Reality now trumps specifications and expenses of R&D.

  # OK.... perhaps you could start with:
  1: A description of the biomass feed materials to be handled... species, size, etc
  2: A description of the "end product" that would be suitable for the applications you have in mind, such as species, moisture content, permissable dimension range for the end product, etc
  3: Desired production rate, eg, kg/hr, tonnes/hr, etc
  4: Approximate permissable cost
  5: Approximate sales potential, in units per year

  Personally, I lack the mechanical knowledge and the time to do this myself.   But I KNOW it is important, and I turn to my friends on the Listservs, with gratitude for whatever can be accomplished.

  # You don't need mechanical knowledge at this stage... all you need is to tell the list what you want, in more specific terms.
  In many cases, "The biggest part of the problem is defining the problem, and the limitations to its potential solution."

  Best wishes,

  Kevin

  Paul

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072